Le Royaume de Bretonnie
Bienvenue en Bretonnie, manant(e) ! N'oublie pas, avant toute chose, de te présenter selon le Sainct Patron de Présentation dans la section prévue à cet effet : https://labretonnie.forumactif.com/t1-presentation-voici-le-patron-que-vous-devez-suivre
Le Royaume de Bretonnie
Bienvenue en Bretonnie, manant(e) ! N'oublie pas, avant toute chose, de te présenter selon le Sainct Patron de Présentation dans la section prévue à cet effet : https://labretonnie.forumactif.com/t1-presentation-voici-le-patron-que-vous-devez-suivre
Le Royaume de Bretonnie
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.

Dernières imagesAccueilRechercherS'enregistrerConnexion

greetings

+5
le Chevalier à la Chope
saural
almeric de la peyrie
Toison d'or
1963dragon
9 participants
AuteurMessage
1963dragon
Gueux

greetings Empty
MessageSujet: greetings   greetings EmptyJeu 29 Sep 2022 - 3:02

Games played (of figurines):oldhammer - kings of war - warhammer quest
Army(s) played and how many points:bretonnia - no idea on new format but have bout 120 knights n 150 men at arms
dwarf - bout 130
undead bout 150 skellies
and various small warbands of other races
How did you discover the hobby:back in the ancient times of about 1990 by a cousin
How did you discover the forum: there was a photo tagged in pinterest
How long have you been practicing:bout 45 years
Very good modeling/good/bof/null/very zero:i would say good but im biased
Real location:the sunny resort of Largs on the Ayrshire coast in SCOTLAND
Your various nicknames :on The Round Table i went with the monicur os smaug123uk
Hobbies other than figurines:following local non league football team Largs Thistle
A photo of your most beautiful figouze:i will see if i can sort one out but beware im a toothless almost 60 yr old so the visage can be scary
Other useful things about you:i dont suffer fools gladly - and i particulery dont like abusive people online everyone one is intitled and just coz they r an idiot there is no point in letting them no - u dont like them dont talk to them Very Happy
Revenir en haut Aller en bas
Toison d'or
Chevalier à l'épée de bois
Toison d'or

greetings Empty
MessageSujet: Re: greetings   greetings EmptyJeu 29 Sep 2022 - 17:07

affraid affraid  affraid  affraid  affraid
A scottish fellow is coming on the french bretonnian forum !
The auld alliance is not forgotten, you're most warmly welcome here. I hope you'll find what you're looking for.
I went to scotland a few years ago and I spent a wonderfull time there. Everyone was very kind to us and we discovered a beautiful country, with strong traditions (The highland game is one I absolutely loved). I long to come back there and explore, among other things, the scottish islands I didn't have the time to see.

1963dragon a écrit:
Army(s) played and how many points:bretonnia - no idea on new format but have bout 120 knights n 150 men at arms
Shocked  Shocked  bounce  bounce  What an army !
And, as you told us your age, most of it must be of the 5th edition, the part I prefer on Bretonnia. I hope you're going to show us a part of that fantastic hoard ...

1963dragon a écrit:
Your various nicknames :on The Round Table i went with the monicur os smaug123uk
You were on the Round Table ? I was so sad when this wonderful forum shut down. Crying or Very sad I think it's a great loss for Bretonnia and modelling in général.

1963dragon a écrit:
A photo of your most beautiful figouze:i will see if i can sort one out but beware im a toothless almost 60 yr old so the visage can be scary
Maybe there's a little misunderstanding : you don't have to show us a photo of yourself (even if I think you're much more handsome that you think ... Laughing ), but a photo of you're best painted mini. I think, amongst your 120 knight and 150 maa, the choice is going to be rough ! Laughing

PS If you need anything concerning this forum, even some help to translate part of it, you can ask me. In this topic or in mp as you prefer. I would gladly help !

Mes titres : Toison d'or, chevalier à l'épée de bois, roi d'armes du Très-Noble et Respectable Ordre Chevaleresque des Gros Glands Incapables de Terminer leurs Figs à Temps pour les Concours du Foroume ; chevalier du slip sur la tête -première promotion- ; également connu comme "Très-Haut et Très-Saint Prince des Barbouilleurs de Figs" ou comme "Toison de Vinci" ; admis à siéger parmi les illustrissimes et révérendissimes membres du conseil de cet auguste forum, j'ai même bénéficié autrefois des super pouvoirs d'administrateur  ...mais, s'il vous plait, continuez de m’appeler "Toison".
N'hésitez pas à visiter mon site
greetings Ost11
une armée médiévale bourguignonne à partir de figurines gw converties et peintes
http://toison.d.or.free.fr
almeric de la peyrie
Parangon de vertu
almeric de la peyrie

greetings Empty
MessageSujet: Re: greetings   greetings EmptyJeu 29 Sep 2022 - 19:06

soyez le bienvenu parmi nous cheers
1963dragon
Gueux

greetings Empty
MessageSujet: greetings   greetings EmptyJeu 29 Sep 2022 - 19:28

i thank you all for the warm welcome - yes i think it was 5th edition the game i bought was bretonnia vs lizards i think - my army is made up of various makers models as i dont go in for tournaments or play in a g.w. store i dont have to only buy the now overpriced models from g.w.
as a side note i discovered a new maker of bretonnia u can find on ebay - Highland Miniatures all brand new 3d printed models i have started of by buying a group of 10 archers the detail is amazing give them a look up
yes i thoughrely injoyed the Round Table good chat fantastic pics n moderators stood no crap talking so u could spend a couple hours there n have fun - lets face it thats why we in the hobby - even my granddaughter was on there lol

and yes i mistook the pic bit which is good as nobody has too look at this auld weathered visage
saural
Chevalier du royaume
saural

greetings Empty
MessageSujet: Re: greetings   greetings EmptyJeu 29 Sep 2022 - 21:24

Bienvenu a toi.
le Chevalier à la Chope
Chevalier de la Quête
le Chevalier à la Chope

greetings Empty
MessageSujet: Re: greetings   greetings EmptyJeu 29 Sep 2022 - 23:02

I'm quiet happy to see a new member coming from Scotland.

I was myself a great fan of the round table back in the time. I don't remember the name of many guys, but it was obviously a great place to find inspiration and motivation.

I hope you will share with us some photos of your army. It should be great.

Even though my english is a little rusty, it will be a pleasure to chat with you about our common hobby.

So you are highly welcome in one of the last bretonnian bastions.  Chevalier

Le Chevalier à la Chope.
Niger
Saint vivant
Niger

greetings Empty
MessageSujet: Re: greetings   greetings EmptyVen 30 Sep 2022 - 0:14

Tradition is tradition... so let me welcome you too, brother of Scotland.

I, clansman of the basque mountains, northern side, am happy to celebrate here the "auld Alliance", even if during a large part of the Middle Ages, my Fathers were subjects of the king of England, as duke of Gascoyne. My good fellows, here, are all "French ennemies" for sure ! rambo

First basic french words to distinguish here : "la figure" is the face of a man, "une figurine" is a miniature, a little toy-soldier, and "une figouze" is an argotic word to say "une figurine" (like a mini, a minifig ?).

Come as you are, friend abroad. Here we want only to see your creations, your work, your knights and men-at-arms, and feel your "anima", the man you are inside.  

Fàilte 'nar measg !

elf Nom de Dieu, j'arrive presque à me débrouiller dans la langue des Godons, maintenant ! Si mes profs d'anglais me lisaient, elles tomberaient, à coup sûr, dans les pommes !
MagnanXXIII
Connétable du royaume
Connétable du royaume
MagnanXXIII

greetings Empty
MessageSujet: Re: greetings   greetings EmptySam 1 Oct 2022 - 19:22

Greetings ! Chevalier

Dans tous les cas nous resterons bretonniens !

Les batailles au Moyen Âge étaient si simples...:
Alain de Saint Jean
Saint vivant
Alain de Saint Jean

greetings Empty
MessageSujet: Re: greetings   greetings EmptyJeu 6 Oct 2022 - 17:42

Welcome Scotman!!!! I'm happy seeing your minis soon!!!!

Now in French: "Sois le bienvenu, ami des hautes plaines d'Ecosse! je suis ravi que le forum t'accueille et j'espère bientôt voir des photos de tes figurines sur le forum!" Wink Wink Wink
Loec
Chevalier du royaume
Loec

greetings Empty
MessageSujet: Re: greetings   greetings EmptyVen 4 Nov 2022 - 0:50

J'arrive tardivement, mais comme on dit mieux vaut tard que jamais. Alors bienvenue à toi Smile
Contenu sponsorisé

greetings Empty
MessageSujet: Re: greetings   greetings Empty

greetings
Page 1 sur 1